Energy has become quite costly nowadays. So now the question is how to save on the electric bill?
And why wouldn’t it be. The earth is feeling the pressure of a rising need for more and more energy with the rising population. A lot of things are going wrong in the environment. Deforestation is one of them. Industrialization being the other. Pollution is on the rise. In such times it is highly necessary to save energy of any form as much as you can and that will automatically bring down your cost. There are quite a few things actually that you can do easily in your daily activities to keep the bill from burning a hole in your pocket. A few of them are enlisted below.
- First and foremost, switch off all appliances after use. Often times it so happens that empty rooms have their lights and fans on due to the inhabitant’s forgetfulness or carelessness.
- Switch choices from incandescent bulbs to CFL bulbs. They consume less energy and hence will help in bringing down the cost.
- One easy way of cutting out the heat is to keep a lot of indoor plants and installing thick blinds for the windows. The house remains cooler this way and the use of air conditioner can be reduced.
- Yearly servicing of vacuum cleaners and such other appliances also cuts down cost. You will be surprised to know just how much you can save each year by simple cleaning of these appliances like air conditioners, refrigerators etc.
- Traditional ovens consume more electricity. One of the ways of how to save on electric bill is to use energy efficient microwaves as they use nearly 30 per cent lesser energy than the former.
- Use fans more frequently. It is not exactly necessary to turn on the ac the entire day.
- Do the dishes on alternate days by hand. Or at least use the dishwasher only one time a day.
- Do not overload the dryer with clothes. Also unplug chargers once their job is done. More often than not, people tend to sleep off the entire night while keeping their phones on the charge. It is unadvisable both of energy saving purposes and also for the well-being and longevity of your phone.
- LED lights are also a great way to bring down the bill and pep up the ambience inside the house.
- Last but not the least, if you are up for an one time investment, then install solar panels in your roof. It will solve most of your life’s energy problems.
The above-mentioned tips are very easy to follow and will hopefully answer your question on how to save on electric bill.